Wednesday, December 24, 2008

lil tid bits

I've wanted and hoped for something insightful and meaningful to write about. But, in some ways I've been in a lul and in some ways my brain is going to fast for me to process it!!

I would say that the biggest thing I've been reminded of is holding my tongue. It's a very hard task for me, especially as Christmas is approaching. There is soo much that I don't agree with but I know that it's not worth the fight. I know that yelling, arguing and making my voice heard is not always the best things.

And 2 sermons that I've heard this week have talked about not just deciphering b/w good and bad but making decisions for what is best. One pastor talked about that as we mature we have to make decisions b/w good, better and best. Another pastor talked about Joesph in the Christmas story and that originally Joseph just wanted to make a good decision and quietly divorce Mary; but then God intervenes with an angel and shows Joseph what is courageous and the best decision to make.
So what sacrifices do I need to make in order to make courageous choices, to truely offer my best for God?
In all honesty, the fact that I've been unemployed often leaves me feeling like I have nothing to sacrifice, or to give. How easily we can forget that sacrifice is so much more - relationships, food, ways of thinking, bad habits, so much stuff. What is it that I hold on to, that I LOVE, that I want to keep but God would really prefer me to let go of.
I know part of it is relationships - dating relationships - but I'm still not sure how to do that.
I don't know how I'm being held back

No comments: