Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Catch up :-)

So this last month I have heard a lot of really awesome messages and I have been meaning to write about them, but just ya. So I thought I would just put little tidbits here :-)
The Orchard- all words of Scott Hodge
-Getting stuck is the easy part; getting unstuck is the hard part
-No problem can be caused by the same consciousness that caused the problem in the first place – Albert Einstein
-TO get something you have never had you need to do something you have never done.
-There is cumulative value in investing small amounts of time in something over a long period of time.
-Neglect has a cumulative effect
-There is NO cumulative value to the urgent things that we allow to interfere with the important things
-Am I giving the best part of my day/week/month to the things that are the most important in my life?
-Good things VS great things
-Gossip: when a person who is involved is neither a part of the problem or the solution
-In light of my past experiences, what is the wise thing to do?
-In light of my current circumstances, what is the wise thing to do?
-In light of my future hopes and dreams, what is the wise thing to do?
-What am I doing RIGHT now that has the potential to rob me of my future hopes and dreams?

River Valley - Andy
-Discouragement breeds impatience and self discrimination
-Real love is doing whatever you can to help another person grow to their true potential
-If you aren’t willing ot obey what you hear, why bother asking?
-Often times God’s plans don’t look the way we would like them to, but we have to ride the storm- we aren’t always pulled out – Bob Crane
-The time is always right to do what is right – Bob Crane
-Creation is an overflow of God’s glory: look at a person’s house/decorations and you can an idea of who they are: we live in God’s house
-Created us IN His image
-Don’t make the created your identity or let created things define you
-Man was NOT created to be a puppet, he was designed to have free will and make choices. The only way to have that choice is to be given an opportunity to exercise it

Chicago I-HOP
-Good is Best’s worse enemy
-When confessed God can use our mistakes for our biggest promotions
-Encounter with the Lord brings change
-Live FROM out identity, not for it
-Jesus’ assignment was to reveal God – To be a father in an orphaned world

No comments: