Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Finished another book :)

Lately, focusing has been an issue for me. I feel like the world is flying by with millions of thoughts, images and ideas rushing towards me on a continual basis. How am I supposed to know what to focus on? So, logically, I head to Caribou Coffee on my day off to get some work and reading done :) How glorious, to have finished another book - Healing for Damaged Emotions (with the workbook) on the gloomy rainy day. It feels so great to have fnished two amazing books and to feel like my life has a chance of making sense and coming together.

As I've read through this book it has helped me to dig up some hurts AND it's almost felt like a text book as well. I have a sense that I will be in a counseling role, to some capacity, in my life. I still have snipets of being a speaker for young women. Who knows.

THe last two chapters have been about depression and God's recycling grace. The two chunks of scripture that have been repeating thru the book are 2 Corinthians 4: 7-9, 16 7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.


And also Romans 12:9-21
Future Glory
18I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that[a] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
More Than Conquerors
28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[b] who[c] have been called according to his purpose.

That's all that I really have for now. I'm still processing through all that I have learned and how to apply it. That God isn't the author of all events, but He is the master of all events. This means that nothing ever happens to you that God can't and won't use for good if you will surrender it into His hands and allow Him to work. (p 187)

PS I think that everyone needs to go thru this book!! :)

No comments: